In this post, we feature our first weekly collection of heart-warming stories from around the world. These are news articles, and videos that send a message of hope during a time in which the world battles two pandemics.
These stories are for all those perplexed, to fill voids with renewed hope and hearts with love. Do check them out.
- 2020 was unprecedented. We find ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic, along with the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement and the migrant worker crisis, all of which have heightened our strive for real change. This song was created by Empty Hands Music and directed by Ellie Walton & Nimo Patel. Despite it being released two years ago, it strikes deeply today, with everything going on to say that we indeed need hope. We need love. And yes, we shall overcome.
- As humans, we all have a little bit of kindness. In this article Adam Schluter, a photographer documents his captures of kindness and raw humanity during the Minneapolis protests.
- Some reflections from Oprah and Iyanla on how to find strength, heal and move out of the ‘fear’ during these trying times.
- Unity. “We are the human race and we are all the same. We experience the same fears, the same hopes, the same uncertainties, yet we are all united by a desire for happiness”. His Holiness Dalai Lama shares his message, a call for unity from all humans during these trying times. Let’s make today about reaching out to our friends and family who are battling these uncertain days. Let’s spread compassion.
- Time magazine had big plans for their Time 100 Issue. Little did they know that the entire world would be gripped by a global pandemic. So when the time came they decided to ask members of their TIME 100 community for insights and perspectives on some of the challenges they were all facing in navigating the new realities of the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout these contributions, Dan Macsai, editorial director of the TIME 100 noted an underlying sentiment. Read this article to find out why Why TIME magazine devoted its TIME 100 Issue to Finding Hope.
- To be seen, heard and loved! Shelly Tygielski’s aid movement, ‘Pandemic of Love’ is inspiring the human connection by matching volunteers and donors to individuals in need. Read more about this inspiring story below.
We believe these short stories of compassion will inspire those of us for who this year has been overwhelming. We hope to reignite a sense of hope among everyone. We are all kind, capable of love and changing the world we live in.